DARC MOTA 7-8PM Sunday
Join us on the DARC repeater 146.880MHz Pl 110.9 and ustream.tv
- 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at 7PM -
"Meeting on the Air" (MOTA) is the DARC Information Net. It is conducted the first and third Sunday of every month at 7PM (after the NTS net) and concludes at 8PM (before the RACES net). Any licensed amateur may check into the net either through the 2-meter repeater 146.880 MHz- (PL 110.9), Echolink (see below), or via chat UStream.
- New Officers and Directors
- Member check-in and what they've been doing.
- Ham News
- Swap Meet
- Buzz Word
Alternate methods to check in:
Instructions for Echolink
To log into the Echolink "Meeting on the Air", please do the following.
- Find a good microphone headset and install on your PC.
- Check your audio levels on record and playback. VU deflection should be better than 75% but not more than 100% on peaks.
- Check Echolink audio levels on *Echotest* group. Also, make sure your connection produces a solid (no audio breakup) on playback.
- Log into W5FC-R (Node 37247) - you can pick either the node number or the callsign to locate the stream. Once connected wait for direction from net control to acknowledge Echolink check-ins.
- Allow 2 seconds after selecting transmit before speaking. Echolink must encode - transmit - and decode audio.
If you cannot connect to W5FC-R That connection uses a different IP connection.
Don't have Echolink and outside the DARC repeater area? Check-in via UStream.
UStream Web Portal
The UStream Web Portal archives previous MOTA's. You can view the entire webcam stream and listen to actual on air audio. A chat section is available if you aren't licensed, or cannot log into the W5FC repeater.
We will list you as a check-in, just let us know in the chat session who you are, callsign (if you have one) and any comments you have for the net.
73, and see you there!