KAT100 High Power Automatic Antenna Tuner
The KAT100 is an ideal match for the K2/100, and will also work with the K2. It can easily handle from 200 mW to 100 watts, and its 10 LEDs accurately monitor SWR during transmit. Like the KAT2, the KAT100 includes two antenna jacks-it's like having two ATUs in one.
Because of its tight integration with the K2, the KAT100 offers many advantages over other external auto-tuners:
Key Features :
- Low profile (1.2" high) design - same footprint as the K2.
- L/C settings stored in EEPROM-instant recall on band or antenna change
- Matches 10:1 SWR loads.
- Automatic power reduction when TUNE is pressed
- Dual-range bridge allows tune-up with as little as 0.2 watts
- Direct display of power, SWR, and other data on the K2's LCD
- Interfaces directly with the K2 via the AUX port (DB9 + 'Y' cable on KPA100 or KIO2).
- Same K2 control and menu features as the KAT2 QRP tuner.
The low-profile KAT100-1 can be placed beneath the K2, while the full-height KAT100-2 is intended for side-by-side arrangement with the K2 and mounts inside the EC-2 project enclosure. The KAT100-2 includes front and rear panels that match our EC2. (EC2 sold separately.)
Pre-wound toroids for the KAT100 kit are also available from Mychael, AA3WF. Pre Wound Toroids Order Form
KAT100 reviews at eHam.net
Note: The KAT100 requires a K2 or K2/100 to operate. (KIO2 or KPA100 option must be installed in the K2 order to interface to KAT100.)
KAT100 Pictures - Click to enlarge.
KAT100-2 in EC2