Sentinel Hex Beams are directional antennas that provides great performance and reduced size, and weight.
The G3TXQ broad band hexagonal beam for 6 meters is constructed of six fiberglass arms and insulated stranded copper wire.
The Sentinel series single band hex beam consists of two elements. The driven element is in the shape of an “W” and the reflector element is wrapped around the four spreaders to the back. The elements, instead of using tubes we use wire.
This reduces the need for a heavy supporting structure. The supporting structure consists of six flexible fiberglass arms attached to a base. The arms form a hexagonal shape hence the name “hexagonal beam”.
It took us three years, but we’ve designed the lightest, most versatile, performance oriented, and least expensive Hex Beam on the open market. Built from hand selected components for optimum performance, low SWR and elevated gain with optimum take-off and reception, the Sentinel Hex Beam stands alone in performance and price comparability. Made in the USA, the Sentinel Hex Beam series of Amateur radio antennas are built to stay together; providing you years of solid operation on the band(s) of your choice, in any weather conditions. You’ll be amazed as the difference when you put a Sentinel in, and on, the air. Punching through has never been easier with a Sentinel. Our Hex Beams take radio operation, and communication, to the next level. You’ll be amazed at what a wire antenna can really do when you purchase a Sentinel Hex Beam Antenna.
Sentinel Hex Beams are directional antennas that provide great performance with reduced size, and weight.
The Sentinel is designed from the ground up. All parts that go in making the hexagonal beam antenna are specifically crafted for each function. Every antenna is hand crafted and easy to assemble. All elements are premeasured and normally ready to use.
- Sentinel Barrett – Coverage 160-10m, and 40-6m
- Coverage 40m, 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m
- 160m-10m broadband element
- Gain 6.1 dBi
- Front/Back Peak > 20dB
- VSWR Less than 2:1
- Turn Radius 21 Ft
- Diameter of Beam 42 Ft
- Height of Beam 46″
- Weight 61 lbs
- Wind Load Area < 9 sq ft
- Power handling full legal limit
- Broadband element 500w SSB (Higher power elements available upon request.)
- 40m, fed by a single coax feed.
- 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m, fed by a second coax feed.
- Broadband option 160m- 10M fed by a separate coax
- Low SWR
- No tuning required, just plug and play
- Improved broad band response over original hex beam design
- Performs well at lower heights
- Handles full legal limit of power
- Small physical foot print, 33% smaller than a full sized beam.
Coverage 40m, 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m, Broadband option 160m- 10M
Optional Broadband for 160m- 10M ($1, 700.00)
- Wind Load Area < 12 sq ft
- Power handling 40-10m Full legal limit. Broad Band element 500w (HP upgrade available.)
SENTINEL SERIES FEATURES:
- Single coax feed (Except for the Barrett and Brodband options)
- Small physical foot print
- Light enough for a push up mast
- Symmetrical shape withstands wind better
20m, 10m $475
10m, 6m $250
15m, 12m, 10m, 6m $550
20m, 15m, 10m, 6m $600
20m, 17m, 15m, 12m, 10m, 6m $650
Sentinel Barrett Series
The Radiowavz Sentinel Hexagonal Beam antenna Product line
20meter Single band $450