Quick-Form Application for Authorization in the Ship, Aircraft, Amateur, Restricted and Commercial Operator, and General Mobile Radio Services
Forms & Schedules Listed by Purposes for All Radio Services:
This purpose should be used for the following types of filings; 1) initial applications 2) change in vessel or aircraft and 3) requests for Duplicate/Replacement Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit licensed prior to February 1, 2001.
- New Amateur applications must be filed by a Volunteer Examiner Coordinator.
- For the General Mobile Radio Services (GMRS), effective January 1, 1989, the purpose of 'NEW' may not be filed by anyone other than an Individual applicant type.
To request a change in the conditions of any data (technical only or administrative and technical) for a license during the term of that license. Use Item 5 on the Main Form to provide the Call Sign/Serial # of the affected station. The appropriate schedule must be completed and attached, and must accurately reflect the data that has been modified. See applicable Commission rules. Choose purpose MD if you are requesting consolidation of DO and DM operator classes (Commercial Operator); enter DO Serial # in Item 5.
- After a license is modified, the FCC will issue a new license and previous versions of the license will no longer be valid, regardless of the expiration date shown. License terms will not be extended as a result of an application for Modification.
- If the changes desired are to administrative data only, use the Administrative Update purpose instead of Modification (see Administration Update purpose, 'AU', above for further description of permissible administrative updates).
- Modification to Amateur application for upgrade (i.e., Technician to General, General to Extra) to operator's class must be filed by Volunteer Examiner Coordinator.
To renew (within the specified renewal time frame, must be filed no later than expiration date of the authorization and no sooner than 90 days prior to expiration date) an existing authorization and to request a change in the conditions for that authorization. Use Item 5 on the Main Form to provide the Call Sign/Serial # of the affected station. The appropriate schedule must be completed and attached, and must accurately describe the data that has been modified. If you wish to consolidate DO and DM (Commercial Operator) licenses and renew at the same time, choose purpose RM.
Special Temporary Authority & Developmental Licenses
(NOTE: Applicable to Ship and Aircraft Radio Service applicants only)
To file an initial request for an STA or Developmental License, applicants should select an application purpose of NE. STAs are granted for a maximum of 180 days. If another STA is needed, applicants may file by selecting application purpose RO - Renewal Only and supply the appropriate Call Sign in Item 5 or by selecting application purpose NE - New. The renewal purpose is provided for the convenience of the applicant (the applicant will retain the same call sign if the STA request is granted). To request a renewal of a Developmental License, applicants should select an application purpose of RO - Renewal Only and supply the appropriate Call Sign in Item 5.
AM - Amendment:
To amend a previously-filed, currently pending application(s). Use Item 4 to provide the File Number(s) of the affected pending application(s). The appropriate schedule must be completed and attached, and must accurately reflect the amended data. See applicable Commission Rules.
Applicable Schedules Required for Purposes of NE, MD or RM for Specified Radio Service
|Service||ULS Form/Schedule Title|
|Ship Radio Service
(47 CFR Part 80)
|FCC 605 Main Form - Quick-Form Application for Authorization
Schedule B - Schedule for Additional Data for the Ship Radio Service
|Waiver request for Exemption from Ship Station Requirements
(47 CFR Part 80)
|FCC 605 Main Form - Quick-Form Application for Authorization|